a/c problem, emergency!!!!!!! Accord 1996 Lx

first off, i heard a wierd noise which sounded like it came from my compressor. After the noise it stopped working. I put in a brand new compressor now and it still does not work. Thinking it might be electrical, I put in a brand new relay. It still does not work. And, yes it's full off 134a. A/c light comes on but does not engage clutch. And I did hook up the one wire on the compressor. I checked all fuses and they are good. I was woundering if anyone knew something else that might be the problem? would the expansion valve or dryer stop the compressor clutch from engaging? I'm at a loss right now and don't have the money for a expensive auto shop to fix it. It's a hot S.O.B. here!!

Reply to
chris76 via CarKB.com

It will be a H**L of a lot cheaper to take it to an AC mechanic than throwing parts with no idea of how to troubleshoot it. You have probably already compromised the whole system...

Reply to
Woody

Woody's right. Take this to a real A/C mechanic. Otherwise, you are just trowing money away, and perhaps ruining other things along the way.

You can pay the mechanic now or you can pay more later.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff