a/c problem, emergency!!!!!!! Accord 1996 Lx

first off, i heard a wierd noise which sounded like it came from my compressor. After the noise it stopped working. I put in a brand new compressor now and it still does not work.
Thinking it might be electrical, I put in a brand new relay. It still does not work. And, yes it's full off 134a. A/c light comes on but does not engage clutch. And I did hook up the one wire on the compressor. I checked all fuses and they are good. I was woundering if anyone knew something else that might be the problem? would the expansion valve or dryer stop the compressor clutch from engaging? I'm at a loss right now and don't have the money for a expensive auto shop to fix it. It's a hot S.O.B. here!!
It will be a H**L of a lot cheaper to take it to an AC mechanic than throwing parts with no idea of how to troubleshoot it. You have probably already compromised the whole system...

Woody wrote:

Woody's right. Take this to a real A/C mechanic. Otherwise, you are just trowing money away, and perhaps ruining other things along the way.
You can pay the mechanic now or you can pay more later.
Jeff