A/c r-134a Civic LX 01

I need to recharge the refrigerant on my a/c. I am just trying to figure out which side is the "low side." I believe it is the cap that has the "L" on it. However, I am just being careful. It was black on my 96 Civic. Also, what psi should I charge it too. The manual only states grams of a full filling.

Thank you

Reply to
WooHoo2You

I used to do all my own A/C back in the days of R-12, but have found there is no reliable way of making the charge anywhere near correct except by evacuating and adding the correct amount by weight (just as the experts say... imagine that!) Guage readings (hi/lo) combined with knowing the temperature and humidity can give decent charge levels with R-12, but not with R-134a. Dunno why.

I recommend taking it to a professional for service. You will be ahead in the long run, especially since overcharge can damage the compressor. That's true for R-12 also, but it's a whole lot easier to avoid overcharge with R-12.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee