a strange problem about my ACCORD hybrid vehicle

There is a strange problem accur to my accord hybrid vehicle.
When I stop my car in front of red light. the engine shut off because of the hybrid vechile's engine auto stop to cut the fuel consumption
and emissions. at this time, the engine starte again when I kick the brake padel down hardly. Is there anybody meeting this problem and explaining it? thanks and regarded ao

I am assuming that you are not a native English speaker and that you mean that the engine restarts if you push hard on the brake pedal. (At least in American English, "hardly pushing the pedal" means very little pressure on the pedal. Isn't English fun!!!!)

Maybe they all do that. It would ensure maximum vacuum for the brake booster if extreme braking is required. Also, it may interpret extreme pressure as a sign of impending danger and light up the engine to give you maximum control over the vehicle.
Why are you pushing hard on the brake when you are stopped at a red light?
you are so smart! I am not a native English speaker indeed. Anyway, you have understood what I mean. I thank your explaining is reasonable.
Another question MindSpring is really free PC to PC call?
Gordon McGrew wrote:

Might be reasonable and wrong. Let's see if anyone can confirm that all Accord Hybrids do this.