aaahh.. stereo code needed

it's very annoying.. i cannot find the code for my 6th gen accord's oem cd player & radio it's not in the owner's manual.. any ideas ? and is every
code different for every honda model or a general code would work ?
it's been over a month and i don't understand how it got to this... it began when i went to canadian tire to replace the battery
sorry for freaking out but it's beginning to get to me ... with no stereo in the car
Do you understand the purpose of an antitheft code? (It always has to be re-entered when the battery is disconnected long enough.)
If you've lost the card with the code, I hope that a dealer can replace it, from your VIN.
Good luck.

thank you.

The card with the code is about the size of a credit card. Same thing happened with my 2000 Acord when we replaced the battery with a Sears DiHard. If you have lost your card with the code your dealer should be able to generate the code for you.

Get the SN from the radio (mine was a label stuck inside the glove box). Go to a Honda dealer and they can generate the code. Most dealers WILL NOT do this over the phone. I would hope they wouldn't anyway. If they know you and you are a regular customer maybe they will do it over the phone.
G-Man

If I were you I'd hold Canadien Tire responsible. As the "professional", they should have been aware of the memory failure of your code when they disconnect your battery. Had they been aware, they could have taken a few simple steps to prevent the memory (power) loss that occurred. The only way now to get the correct code is to remove your radio to get the serial number and go to your dealer for the proper code. Howard

Based on my experience, your gonna wish you had gone to Honda for that battery anyways. I put a CT battery in my civic after my alternator went last year, and I am quite disappointed in it. It leaks, and does not have the same juice as the Honda OEM battery it replaced.
I saved about $10 canadian. Yay.
: it's very annoying.. i cannot find the code for my 6th gen accord's oem cd : player & radio it's not in the owner's manual.. any ideas ? and is every : code different for every honda model or a general code would work ? : : it's been over a month and i don't understand how it got to this... it began : when i went to canadian tire to replace the battery : : sorry for freaking out but it's beginning to get to me ... with no stereo in : the car : Check inside the glove box, inside the console storage compartment, inside the change tray, etc. Look for a little white sticker. Hope your luck is better than mine. I got a card with the code on it, but the numbers rubbed off over time and I haven't been able find a sticker. As far as I know, the codes are different.
Paul
omega wrote:

I was told that it may be found under the hood, or on the trunk lid somewhere......I can't couch for the accuracy of this though....
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:37:24 -0500, omega wrote

I have a 98 CRV and the code for the radio is on a label mounted in the glove compartment. Not sure if the Accords the same but its worth a try. I found out where the code was by calling a dealer.
good luck,
Alex

it's wherever we feel like putting it, iput them in the glove box but some use the trunk orother places, what year is it? if it's 2002 or later you can get the serial number from the display. when the display says CODE power off the radio, then hold the 1 and 6 buttons, and power up. you'll get a number like U**** then it will flash L**** the first 4 are the first 4 of the serial, and the last the last 4, just drop the U and L. once you get those 8 numbers call the dealer. Chip