ABS braking light

It has been two years now since my 98 CRV began having the ABS light come on intermittently. After the first few months, I took it into my mechanic. He spent hours trying to track it down and came up empty. After his work on it the light did not come on for another 8 months. It is back ! I purposely run over bumps in the road to make it turn off. This often works. I don't know what it the most likely culprit might be. If someone has some knowledge of this, I would love to be able to pass this on to my mechanic. I live where there is normally close to the largest snowfall each year in the lower 48. I really need that braking to work and I would like to get it fixed this summer.

Reply to
Fred

Is it just the light or the system itself? I suppose you can test out the ABS in an empty parking lot. If it is just the light, you may want check out the sensors, etc. in the ABS circuit.

I have had (not Honda!) other things come on in other cars for no reason and in the end it was a sensor. They can be expensive, though.

mt

Reply to
Mike Trainor