Acccesory Power Connection

I have a 2005 Honda Civic with the accessory power connection (no cigarette lighter). This connection is only powered with the key in the on or accessory position. On my other car the accessory connection can be changed
from being powered all the time to being powered only when the key is turned on by moving a fuse to an alternate location. Just wondering if this was also possible with the Civic. I'd like this connection to be powered all the time. Couldn't find anything in the owners manual but, perhaps, I read through too quickly.
Mark wrote:

-----------------
The manual isn't going to actually TELL you that . . They don't want to be responsible for you running your battery flat, or burning your car to the ground.
'Curly'
I have the same issue with the 2005 Accord and the dealer said no way to do it without removing the console and wiring direct to battery.
Dealer also didn't understand why I would want to charge my cell phone on the car battery overnite. Their solution: take anything in to house and use house power. Don't use the car.
So much for Honda.
motsco_ _ wrote:

Thanks. I'm just surprised to find out Honda doesn't include that option.

Their suggestion makes far more sense than anyone wanting to leave anything plugged in to the power outlet when there is no one in the vehicle.
Brian

The simple thing to do is to install another power outlet and wire it to be on permanently. Not a large task in itself.
Brian