Accord 1998-2002 Interior Parts

Does anyone here think that Honda had a crappy interior parts for previous generation of Accords?
I had a 1998 Accord EX sedan, in that, the seat belt lost it's
elasticity, and the audio system won't play CDs no matter how much I cleaned the lens.
I now have a 2001 LX Sedan, standard shift. This car I must admit is a mileage champion. From NYC to Rochester, NY driving at the speed limits I got 37mpg.
However, the lamp in the LCD clock is dead now. Got the replacement in eBay for 2.99. Earlier, I had to replace the lamp behind the Cruise control switch. Both cars were used gently and were never abused.
And the instrument panel lamps are never bright enough. Does anyone have similar concerns? For such a great engine, why did they choose parts like this? Is there any reasonable solution for a better and brighter instrumentation panel?
Thank you.

Not my experience or opinion.

The seat belts are not supposed to have any elasticity.

Did you do any preventative maintenance on the car before or after your trip?

People seldom remember that in the same way as persons become ill, machines break down. Nothing is forever, except taxes and liars in political office.

Have you tried turning the dimmer control for the panel lights?
All in all a pretty feeble attempt at trolling the group. {;^)
Brian