Accord 1998 rear clunk noise

98 Accord, every bump I hear a clunk. Everything seems tight, stabilizer bar links replaced. Struts seem ok, and are not leaking. Could the rear struts still cause a noise like this?
155,000 miles, lookes good, engines purrs like a kitten. The rear springs seem ok.
Check the items in your trunk. I had a box of stuff that was making a clunk and made me think I had a bad strut.

Sway bar bushings. On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:02:58 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.net wrote:

Found the trouble, Jim, you were correct...I first checked for play in the sway bar, with the rear end jackedup and the suspension unloaded. The bar was tight and no play. Backed the car on ramps ,loadind the supension, and the sway bar had play, especialy, the right side, because of the heat of the muffler, i suppose. Replaced and ok. Thanks Jim,and all who helped
I would be checking the rear lower control arm bushings and the various rubber mounts on the shock absorbers. Especially if you drive in northern U.S. type winters.

weird but on my 99 accord the shock piston protector rusted off and constantly rattled made me crazy