Accord 2003 LXG motor vibration at 2000 RPM

Last week, I bought an Accord 2003 LXG manual 5 speed with only 25 000 miles.

During acceleration or deceleration I feel motor vibration in the car near

2000 RPM.

This is not severe vibrations but each time I tried 03 accord and later ones, I always noticed that these cars had really smooth running engines.

Do someone has an idea about this problem ?

Thanks

Marc Legare

Reply to
MLEGARE

Marc, It's my guess that the tires are out of alignment or the tires are not balanced properly. I suggest that the first step is to have all of tires balanced and see if that solves the problem. If not, get an alignment of the wheels. Perhaps other posters might be able to offer more suggestions.

Reply to
Jason

dans l'article snipped-for-privacy@pm4-broad-27.snlo.dialup.fix.net, Jason à snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com a écrit le 14/03/05 13:17 :

The tires are freshly balanced and aligned

I also feel this problem when the car is idling and I let the motor rev freely to 2000-3000 RPM.

Reply to
MLEGARE

I am sorry--I was under the impression that the problem was only when your Honda was in motion. If the problem happens when your engine is just idling--the first step is to adjust the timing. If that does not solve the problem--the next step if to check the engine mounts. You might want to have a mechanic do it since it's easier to check the mounts when the vehicle is on a lift.

Reply to
Jason