Accord 5w-20 Oil?

Owners manual suggests 5w-20. Some have said this will increase mpg slightly, but reduce engine life? any thoughts?

If the manufacturer suggests it, then do it.

No, owners manual SPECIFIES 5W-20 oil.
Do you always take specifications like that as suggestions, to be second-guessed by yourself (a trained and experienced auto engineer, I presume) and random people on the internet?
Mbt6 wrote:

    Don't worry. Use it and you will have no problems. Millions of Honda owners have gone down that road before you. bob

I am OK with it if the owner's manual specifies it as it does for my wife's Pilot. I become a little concerned when the dealer only offers 5 - 20 for my 01 Prelude which specifies 5 - 30. So, I bring my own Mobil 1 5 - 30 when I have a service appointment.
TWW wrote:

    Why not find a mechanic that really understands and loves Preludes, and let him have your money? bob

wife's
for
None around here. Dealer is OK