accord 90-93 steering lock

Hi
RHD Accord 2li 1990 ( 90 - 93 series )
Anyone know if the assembly ignition/steering lock is different for RHD and LHD - I can buy the whole thing well cheap in USA - inc shipping - but cannot fin
d any sources in UK - except Honda who want £380 plus tax !
My key is very difficult to get from '0' to 1 - ok then, everything is fine - but I can't get the thing out again !
I wondering if it is more than just a worn key barrel - maybe needs the who le locking mech.
I would trust the key unit to be the same - USA or UK.
Thanks
Geoff - Bristol UK