accord 97 torque converter

hello i had a transmission issue in regards to the check engine light coming on...i took my car to a transmission shop and they told me it was a torque converter issue. My car is under 6 months warranty and the
individual owner i bought from tells me that its a regular wear and tear issue and therefore no warranty applies for that.
I have taken good care of this car and i have only driven it for 2 months and put on 2000 milege. Please tell me wether this is a regular wear and tear issue or its an issue arised from past experiences which have finally built up to bring this transmission issue. Thank you
psychologist wrote:

psychologist wrote:

Hmmm, never heard of getting a warranty from a private seller.... Did you get any paperwork on the warranty, or did he/she just say 'I'll warranty the car for 6 months'? You don't say how many miles are on the car, but I can't imagine a TC is a 'wear and tear' item (if it is indeed that, as Jim noted).
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA
hello well its true...nothing is on writing but we had agreed on the terms that on any major breakdown he would give me 6 months of warranty...the car has 130000 miles on it....the torque converter went down giving me a repair cost of 2500$...what the previous owner of the car tells me is that its just a regular wear and tear and so he cannot compensate the full amount of the repair cost....so i just wanted to know wether the torque converter could go bad as just a regular wear and tear or it happens due to age or past experiences....i am a student who doesnt have a lot of knowledge about cars but then i take very good care of my car and all fluid levels are maintained properly...
"psychologist" wrote: > hello > i had a transmission issue in regards to the check engine > light coming on...i took my car to a transmission shop and > they told me it was a torque converter issue. My car is under > 6 months warranty and the individual owner i bought from tells > me that its a regular wear and tear issue and therefore no > warranty applies for that. > > I have taken good care of this car and i have only driven it > for 2 months and put on 2000 milege. Please tell me wether > this is a regular wear and tear issue or its an issue arised > from past experiences which have finally built up to bring > this transmission issue. Thank you
psychologist wrote:

sure whether the lockup clutch is gone of if it's another problem.