accord acceleration problem

hello,

I've had this problem on my 2001 4-cyl accord (automatic) for a while. It has 55K miles on it. When accelerating from a low speed, the acceleration is often not smooth, it feels like its being kicked from behind. The problem has not gotten worse nor better. I've posted before and gotten a few suggestions and want to get advice on the comments received.

  1. Automatic transmission issue - extended warranty. I checked online and this appears to be for 6 cyl cars and am not sure if my problem is really that.

  1. EGR valve - how to diagnose this? I have no check engine light nor code.

  2. Fuel filter - I was told in another forum that this does not require replacement.

  1. spark plugs - I was told in another forum that platinum types don't require repl till 100K miles.

  2. Air filter - replaced once, but didn't help.

  1. Air Intake manifold - how to check if I need to get this cleaned?

  2. Anything else??

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
ap

There's a pause, and then it kicks in at high RPM, and then shifts again? Its the tranny. Flush it, and it should get better, for a while. It's the dark secret of Honda, a couple of generations of

4-speed autos do this.

My 2007 5-speed auto 4-cyl Accord is maybe just showing the first signs of this at around 20k miles. My 1999 Acura CL6 did it right off the lot, 2004 Accord 4-cyl got that way after the first year or so.

Before 1999, I was driving sticks, no problems at all!

J.

Reply to
JXStern