accord auto shift button

Hi. I have a '94 accord ex & the button on the shifter is getting really hard to push in. Almost to the point where I need 2 hands. Any idea how to fix that?
Also, the same car revs up & down when idling in cold weather. Other than that I luv it.
thanks

Try a real quick shot of spray lube/cleaner like BreakFree. Use the spray extension tube to get it right into the space around the button-- and don't over spray and use too much. Give it a few minutes to work
jimmy wrote:

======================= Yep, silicone spray in the button and fill up your coolant reservoir to the MAX mark. You've got AIR in the system and it's confusing the computer.
'Curly'

I sprayed some rust Check in the shifter & It's bettaer than new! Must've been gummed up. I haven't tried the coolant fill up trick for he revving thing yet but will on the weekend.
thanks guys!