Accord bites the dust

Page 3 of 3
High Tech Misfit wrote:

Good for you - on road trips through the Swiss f-ing alps with the AC on? No?

It happened. Get over it.
Why does it bother you that this happened?
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Not bothered at all - I just think you're bending the truth.

I'm not.
Why would you think I'm bending the truth? Do you have different experiences with a similar car?
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Yes.

What's your experience?
Further, if you were one out of 30, for example, who had the bad experience, would you insist that the 30 must be lying--because plainly your experience is the norm, not an exception?
Why is the world supposed to accept YOUR experience as the norm?
I posted a single datum point: in that particular car, I got that mileage. I make no claims otherwise. I don't insist that everyone else is getting that.
You have a datum point--but you insist that yours is representative of every similar car out there, bar none.
I let my datum point lie there as a number. Others will kick in with their experiences. You are part of the others.
If your datum point lies statistically outside where the others lie, well, statistics is a well known science.
In the meantime, let's all kick in with our experiences and let the reader make up his own mind.
But for some reason, you're all bent out of shape at the idea that others have different experiences than you have, and that the readers here might not take your experience as the norm. Why does that bother you, that someone reading this thread might come away thinking your experience was the anomaly?
Please notice that no one here is calling you a liar--unlike you, who is calling everyone else a liar. The reader will deduce from that what he will. No doubt he will dismiss your datum point and move on.
I have an '05 V6 Coupe that seems no matter where or how I drive it 21 is the best it gets I did see 22.5 on 1 tank though

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

You're wastin' your breath... He don't have no freakin' clue!
JT
a wrote:

I'd guess that your brain has difficulty parsing fact...
JT
(Who's Civic FE gets 40+ mpg in the city..)
a wrote:

Why is that? My '04 V6 gets a tad over 30MPG on the highway, and I'm usually around 75MPH.......
L Alpert wrote:

Again - "If my Auntie had bullocks, she'd be my Uncle!"
WTF does your experience in a different car, different engine, different city different state, different country(?), different driving style, different fuel... have to do with his mpg?
a wrote:

Comparison data for anal retentive individuals.

fueleconomy.gov suggests it is within the realm of possibility, IMO. See especially the individuals' reports on what they're getting for the 2000 Accord.
Furthermore, fueleconomy.gov says my 91 Civic (5-speed manual tranny, no A/C, 1.5 liter engine) should get 28/33 mpg, with three individuals reporting they get 34-39 mpg . Year-round my Civic averages 40 mpg, ranging from about 38-47 mpg, depending on whether I am driving around the 'burbs or on the highway. I do not do much city driving. On the highway, with many tanks of gas etc. used for data, the car gets about 45 mpg driving at about 65 mph.
a wrote:

to drive. either way, fix the problem.
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:10:52 -0500, Elliot Richmond

Had the 2004 EX4, outstanding car. I think you will really notice the changes made from generation to generation, most are improvements! :)
My 2007 is still not getting the same mileage ...
I never drove your 1993 vintage (my 87 lasted too long!), but presume the new engines deliver more power and more smoothly. Again, try it and see, if you have not already done so.
J.