Accord Coupe V-6 Manual

Just wanted to know if anyone in the group owned one of the newer accords with the V-6 Manual transmission? If so, how do you like it?

I am thinking about purchasing one very soon, and with the auto V-6 issues, I really am considering a manual.

Another option that I am thinking about, if I want a bigger car, is the Maxima with a six speed manual.

I am hoping that both of those choices are better for reliability than my original boyish wanting of the new Musting GT. I have had way too many problems with Ford in the past to trust purchasing another one.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris B.

Reply to
Chris

_________________________________

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and irenotecan for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

Reply to
Joe-46er

As the owner of a 5th gen Prelude I was interested in the coupe. But, I have been told they are limited production and difficult to find. That, plus a $5,000 premium our local Honda dealer charges on top of the list price make the Acura TL 6 speed a better buy. So far I am sticking with my Prelude but will probably move up to the Acura next.

1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
Reply to
TWW

I have a 2004 Accord 6MT. If I had it to do over again I would buy a stripped down Infinity G35. Less features, about $6000 more but, more satisfying to drive.

Don't get me wrong , Accord coupe offers allot of bang for the buck and is a quick car however, it can be difficult to control at full throttle because of heavy torque steer. Especially coming out of turns and on uneven surfaced roads.The shifter does not feel as good as say one offered in new 4cyl Accords and the throws are a little long.

Then there is this annoying problem with the leather seats in newer Accords where the drivers seat has some play in it .The seat feels loose on sudden stops and turns.

You may want to check out the new 2006 Civic SI if your on a tighter budget. Will have 200hp /6 speed MT . Hopefully the build quality will be better than the latest generation Accords.

Reply to
MJC