Accord early / sudden down shifting...

Hi,

for some time now I have been experiencing an 'early' (/ sudden) downshifting on my 94 accord. This seems to be more pronounced in D4.

For example, it might be down shifting from 2000rpm to 1500rpm. Also sometimes it downshifts when I let off of the gas pedal.

Nothing really pronounced, or that makes the car 'undrivable', but still would be good to get an idea why it's done or how it would be fixed. Also the fact that many times its running on low rpm feels like it's more unresponsive than it should.

Note that I changed already twice the transmission fluid twice the last 2.5 years without any obvious effects.

Any ideas are welcome. TIA michael

Reply to
michalis0

I had the same problem with my '94 Accord's transmission. After three new transmissions (all had the same problem), the car was traded.

Reply to
Brian Smith

great. how does that help the rest of us diagnose and fix this problem?

Reply to
jim beam

what's the rest of the service history like? egr problems? changed the timing belt at around the time this started?

Reply to
jim beam

Do you know if the replacement fluid was Honda ATF? Dexron will behave like that.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hi, I didn't change the fluid myself but it was supposed to be Honda fluid according to the mechanic. The timing belt was supposedly changed by the previous owner but again no way of verifying that.

The car odometer reads slightly more than 90k miles, so I presume it is *at least* that much! (you never know...)

Any more ideas how this could be fixed? It does not bother me that much, but I suppose it would feel better if the rpms were higher...

Michael Pardee wrote:

Reply to
michalis0