Accord Engin Check-Please help

Hi, A while ago Honda dealer told me that I have to replce Rear Sway bar links and Cat heat shields when I was there for oil change. I didnt pay attention, since I had no problem with my car, (I have no clue what these parts are). now since a couple days ago my engine check lite is on (Honda Accord 2000,

137000km, 4Cyl,SE, Canada). I am not sure if this can be related to either Cat Heat Shield or sway bar? if not, where should I start from, should I take my car to Honda Dealer or any dealer can fix it (Honda Dealers are more expensive in my area). Please advise. Thanks-Rob
Reply to
Rob

Need to know the code that is causing the check engine light.

I doubt it is the sway bar causing the light. Sway bar would affect handling, not engine operation.

Heat shield could be a cause, once removed. Bad heat shield could allow o2 sensor to fry, or loose heat shield could fray wires to o2 sensor, but still can't be sure without the code (which will say what the malfunction is) and then a visual inspection (if it is the o2 sensor) to see what caused the issue.

Go to an autoparts store and get the code read. That will narrow it down greatly.

Reply to
Seth