accord ex 6 cyl mileage

Hi. How does the ex 6cyl compare with the 4 cyl for gas mileage?
thanks

Ex V6 and I get around 25-26 city and 28-30 on long trips moving along at 75-80 mph. MLD

2004 EX-L 4 cyl. w/automatic tranny, lifetime (14k miles) average 25.5 mpg, basically "suburban" driving, Minnesota climate.
rpm

2001 V6 Accord Automatic, 133,000 km.
Consistently returns 32-37 mpg city and 36-42 mpg highway. These are the average ratings through the entire year (with the A/C on most of the time). Also, they are based on Imperial gallons.
The very best mileage I received from this car, was last year when it gave me 44 mpg all highway.
Brian
Brian Smith wrote:

Recall the Imperial gal is about a qt more than the U.S. gal -- hence the higher mileage readings. But, everyone knows that.........
TWW wrote:

1 Imperial Gallon = 1.2 US Gallon (actually more nearly 1.2009)
32 I-MPG city (26 US-MPG) and 36 hiway I-MPG (30 US-MPG) is higher than what I've typically heard
Perhaps he is very gentle on the pedal.
18 mpg city...actually started a thread about this subject a few months ago.330 kms. approx. per tank. no codes appearing,proper tire inflation,new plugs,and not that bad on the pedal.

I have been told that at times <g>. Cruise control at every opportunity, and looking far enough ahead to see any reason for braking, to avoid having to brake unnecessarily.
Brian

There is such a thing as masterful driving for gas economy. I drive a 5 speed and play a game of 'not touching the brake' unless I have to. One thing I like is to just use gentle downshifting and not even having to apply the brake when coming to stop. I did this in the left lane in a 2 forward lane intersection that was stopped on red light. The left lane had one car the right had 2. I did one of my no brake stops and just rolled up to the one car stopped in fron of me in the left and let gravity roll me back a bit. This movement short circuited the high strung lady in the right lane and she mashed on her gas and ran right into the bumper of the stopped car in front of her! I felt kinda of bad about the illusion of movement with the smooth pedal technique, oh well. Sorry lady!

LOL! I imagine she was wound up a bit.
I drive tractor trailer and I try to not use anything other than the engine braking (that's not using the engine brake <g>) to slow me down whether I'm in the city or on the highway. The cost savings on not having to do unnecessary brake jobs truly adds up over a million miles.
Brian

Made me laugh out loud (good thing I was not drinking anything!)
Brian Stell wrote:

No, this is about right, at least for me......(2004 EXL 6 cyl)

Obviously your reading skills are lacking. {;^)
Brian
2003 EX V6--get 30-32 mpg on trips of 250-300 miles, all highway, steady 70-72 mph.
Ken
bigToe wrote:

totally agree with that...it's the city that gets expensive!

My 04 EX 4cyl auto gets 25-27 every tank in-town with a/c as we live in Phoenix. 33-35 hiway depending on wind. Scott