accord ex-v6 stereo question

curious as to whether or not there are audio out jacks on my factory stereo.I am thinking of installing a amp and sub. anyone know the answer to this,and whether or not this is a good idea knowing what this car has for speakers from the factory? thx

Reply to
slider

Not on the '03-'05 accords. You could use Hi/Lo converters but I've been told the sound quality is poor.

It is already a 180 watt system.

The speakers use neodymium magnets which look wimpy but seem to be strong.

I find the system to be very strong but very non-linear; ie: way too much bass, very uneven bass response (some notes much louder than others). I find the system pounds my ears even with the bass set to minimum. Very poor sound compared to my last car which had a Kenwood (22watt x 4) and Infinity 10" 200 watt powered sub.

I'm leaving the current system (Alpine) in and adding a 2nd system (Kenwood) to get better sound and so I can hook up my Phatbox. Phatbox is similar to iPod but has voice announcement (speaks the album/artist names when you select next). The Phatbox is also completely controlled by the Kenwood headunit. I'm going to use Peripheral Electronics SPK to switch the speakers, I'm making custom electronics to switch back to the OEM unit when the Nav voice speaks and to mute the Kenwood when doing voice input to the Nav unit. I'm also adding the Infinity 10" 200 watt powered sub. I modified the Telephone ECU harness (08E02-SDA-100) so I don't have to cut any of the stock harness.

Reply to
Brian Stell

Reply to
slider

I hated the factory speakers on my '03 V6 Accord and upgraded with aftermarket JBLs purchased from Crutchfield. Much better sounding IMO. The stock head unit has plenty of power available for my needs.

John

Reply to
John Horner