Accord Hybrid Experiences?

I test drove an Accord Hybrid and there seemed to be a lot of road noise. (I was driving a Lexus RX-300, so am I just spoiled?). Also, it didn't seem to
hold the line on the road as well as I remember my old Honda Prelude (1980) doing.
In addition, the car's battery kept going flat when it was parked in the dealer's garage (over 3 days). The salesman had to boost it every time I took it out for a drive. I hope this is not normal.
Otherwise, it seems pretty zippy and the hybrid oddities not distracting.
Any comments, pro or con?
Bob (email is not my real name or address)

"Hard work never killed anyone, but why take a chance?"

I've read that it's not cost effective unless you plan to keep the car for at least 5 or more years. Of course, this could change if the cost of gasoline is at $3.00 per gallon or more. It's been a while since I read the article but seem to recall that it stated that it takes at least 3 or 4 years for the price difference between the hybrid and the non-hybrid 6 cyld accords to be paid off in terms of how much you would save on gasoline during that time period. These figures were NOT based on $3.00 per gallon gasoline costs.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
According to latest Consumer Report, the Accord Hybrid is only 1mpg better than the 4 cyl version in mix driving and 2 mpg for 6cyl. I do not think anyone who buys hybrid vehicle ever thinking about saving gas. They just want to show off .
wrote:

noise. (I

(1980)
distracting.
Nick, Great point. Hybrid vehicles only get great milage when the drivers follow lots of the the recommendations related to saving gas. After I read those recommendations, I decided NOT to buy a hybrid vehicle--it would take all the fun out of driving and make it like a job.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO