Accord Hybrid wheel/tires

Hi! Currently I have 16 inch alloy wheels on my 2005Accord Hybrid and would like to get the low fat profile look. What size wheels (17"?) and tires should I get to achieve that without any fender rubbing problems on turning? Thanks!

-d

Reply to
dxmah

Will the bigger tires get worse mileage?

Reply to
Guy

Yes. Wider tires mean reduced fuel economy. Ever notice what the tire size is on a Toyota Prius? 185/65-15 is the answer, a narrow and tall tire by today's standards. A Camry which has similar interior space as the Prius comes with 205 width tires. The smaller Corolla has 195s.

John

Reply to
John Horner