Accord Hybrids?

Any good/bad articles out there on the Accord Hybrid? I'm looking at getting a 2006. I love my V6's, so this gives me the best of both worlds.
Any personal experiences?
G-Man
G-Man wrote:

From what I have heard, it does not get the fuel consumption figures that were promised, city or highway. Save your money and get a 4-cylinder Accord if gas mileage is a concern. Otherwise, just get a non-hybrid V6 Accord. Either one will cost less to buy than the hybrid version.

I agree, I did the math out and the extra $$$ it costs for the hybrid, it will take forever to recoup the extra price difference between either 4cyl or v6 non hybrids. also, they don't make it in a stick so that was a BIG reason I passed... I ordered a 4cyl accord if I get around 28MPG average I'll be pretty happy.
G-Man wrote:

No personal experiences, but there are a lot of questions about the validity of EPA fuel economy claims for this and other hybrids. Personally I think that Honda has figured out how to game the test cycle in a way which no real driver repeats in use over time. Remember that the EPA tests are very short.
I would not spend the $$$ for an Accord hybrid myself. Check out the Acura TSX if you want a fun to drive, good fuel economy version of the Accord. It is built on the non-US version of the Accord.
John

The TSX does not get any better mileage than a regular V6 Accord, has 44 less horses, and much less torque at the expense of premium fuel. They are much slower also.

FEWER horses.
When you're talking about individual items, it's FEWER items.
Less snow means fewer snowflakes.

What's the price difference between the 2.4 TSX and Accord 3.0 liter V6?

TSX MSRP: 27190 ACCORD V6 6SPEED MSRP: 27300
G-Man wrote:

Great car, also made in Japan (that matters to some), not Ohio. Will not get the F.E. that E.P.A. suggests; 20 in town, 25 highway, has been my observed mileage.
Buy it for, being green, bragging rights.
-- Tp,
-------- __o ----- -\<. -------- __o --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<. -------------------- ( )/ ( ) -----------------------------------------
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
TomP wrote:

I get in the low 20s in local driving and 29-31 mpg on the freeway with my '03 V-6 automatic Accord. Somebody needs to break the code and figure out how the car makers are gaming the EPA fuel economy tests for hybrids!
John

I get pretty much the EPA numbers for my '05 Accord Hybrid Automatic. I use the cruise control for 90% of my driving. In this area, though, "City" driving is made up of 50% long 40-50 mph stretches and 50% typical city stop and go.
Traded in an '04 Civic that pretty much ran 10% under the EPA mileages over the 1.5 year period. Mulitple tank average of mixed local and up to 900 mile round trips was always over 40. The Accord's multiple tank averages are running 31 ish.
Wife could not abide the highway 'feel' of the Civic (light-weight wandering in the lane) nor the 'slipping clutch' characteristic of the CVT.
I must admit, I LOVE the power of the Accord V6. Has more get up and get than the non-hybrid V6 and even my old 72 Comet GT with the 302 V8 was a wimp (stock) compared to the Hybrid. Love the 'better' gas mileage. However, it is truly only an 'ego' or 'status' purchase with no monetary advantage over a standard vehicle. The premium is too high to recover unless gas prices get over $20/gal an as for being "green" the battery disposal is not.
But... you have to breath air, you can bury batteries.
I can't help out much on the hybrid question (although I do have a Prius that averaged 46 mpg in 2005), but to the poster that was hoping to get 28 on a 4-cyl. Accord: My wife has had one for two years, and overall it has averaged 26 mpg on the nose. This is an auto. tranny, suburban driving with not many freeway trips other than local. She only puts on about 8000 miles per year. (by the way, it's for sale, if anyone's interested, because she's getting a Prius as well...17,000 miles, leather, NAV, heated seats, remote start.)
If you are getting a manual, or have a commute longer than 6 miles, you should get 28 easily. Also, I live in MN which has long winters that hurt mileage.
The 4 cylinder is one sweet, smooth, strong engine.
rpm