Accord keys/blipper question U.K.

Ciao r tutti,

I am looking at a very nice '99 2.0 Accord (Exec. auto hatch) at the moment. The seller says it only came with two (black) keys & one blipper. I have rung two honda dealers. One says "that's right" the other says it should have two blippers, two black keys & a security key as well. Anybody know?

Also, apparently new keys/blippers are a "dealer only job" as "rolling code" keys can only be coded to the car by a dealer. Truth or b.s.?

Thanks in advance

Pip pip

Reply to
Chris

Chris -

Stock should be 2 "blippers", 2 "master" keys (black and thinner), and

1 valet (ignition and doors only, grey and thicker) key.

"Blippers" (quaint...) No, these not are a dealer-only matter. Over here in the new world, we get them off of eBay per the FCC ID number. The radio part works OK - the cases are really cheap and fall apart after a couple of years. Each one has a unique serial number and the receiver only stores a limited number of IDs (5?). Just like with the smart keys, you have to program all of them at the same time, because the ID table in the receiver(s) 1s/are wiped when you first start programming. Specific instructions for programming the remotes and keys can be found through Google.

Good luck -

Greg

PS - where >Ciao r tutti,

Reply to
Greg Bourne

I don't remember if this model had the 'red' key which was essential to allow the reprograming of additional keys or not. Suggest you look in the owners manual. I also know that at some point, but I think it was after 1999 but can not remember, you may be able to unlock the car with a key, but if you do not use a blipper the alarm will sound when you try to drive away. So if two of you are using the car, 2 blippers is a must. Again check the manual

Reply to
Bozo

Thanks, two blippers then I shall ask for!

Reply to
Chris