Accord Or Camry ?

Hello:

Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry. Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.

Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ? Why ?

Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats, since they are both so similar ?

Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc. ?

------------ BTW: Do most folks still go with the 4 cyl. ? Strong "enough" ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Your in a Honda Newsboard. I have owned 10 honda over the years. Love em to death. nuff said.

Reply to
Sandlot

The 4-banger is just fine, and the Accord in particular seems designed for the 4 first, the 6 as an after-thought, if you ask me. In fact, the kind of power and drivability you get with these modern 4's is some kind of techno-miracle, a feeling I don't really have for the

6's.

Honda is a smidge sportier, Toyota drives a bit more cushy. Sheet metal is about a toss-up. Price and reliability are very, very close. They are both frankly marvelous cars.

The Honda line is having troubles with their automatic trannies, I don't know what the noise is on the current Toyotas, there's probably some little thing isn't doing quite right.

HTH, J.

Reply to
JXStern

Hello:

Thanks for reply.

Might you be able to add anything more on the Accord 2005 trans problems that you mentioned, please ?

I remember they had trouble in 2004, but figured by 2005 they would have solved it ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Reply to
rjdriver

That *seems* to be the case; in addition, Honda's automatic trans problems are related to their V6 vehicles and not at all, to this point, to any 4 cylinder vehicles.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I disagree with that, maybe the malfunctioning 4's don't leave you stranded, but mine has the same gooey failing-torque-converter feel that my 1999 CL 3.0 also had. Neither was ever officially recalled, but I'm guessing the malfunctions are very, very widespread and people just live with them.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

I bought my 05 Accord LX-G 4 cyl, 5 speed manual on May 27th. For me one of the main reasons to go with the Accord as opposed to the Camry was the front suspension. Accord has double wishbone on all 4 wheels, Camry has struts all around. Struts tend to break sooner the a double wishbone suspension.

Hope this helps?

Skipper

Reply to
skipper