Accord Power Window?

92 Honda Accord LX cpe
Pushed the down button at a ttoll booth yesterday and the window only went 1/3 of the way down and stopped. I had to keep rocking it up/down
and inch by inch I finally got it up almost fully. Drove home with it just down enough to whistle. When I got home, I tied it again and it worked perfectly. I cant see where any of the rubber seals are in the way or anything.
Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is this a "warning" that the window motor is going to give up? TIA

------ I am having a similar problem I have a 1996 Accord EX Coupe, Driver's door window goes up (closes) very slowly,. It seems to be binding.
I have cleaned the window carefully and lubricated the tracks, but I have not taken the door apart yet.
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
I have had the same problem, 97 Accord. I lubed the rails at first, as this was the initial suggestion from the group. This helped for about a month. I eventually had to replace the window motor. I would say it was a fairly easy job but somewhat costly depends on your budget.Hope this helps.

Get yourself some silicone lube and spray the tracks on both sides. The windows should now work like new!

By tracks you mean the regulator things inside the door, or the edges of the window where they rub the seals?
Grahame wrote:

By tracks, I think he means the run channel - what the window slides in. It is a rubber part, so you that is why you have to use silicone paste - if you use petroleum-based oil, it will make the problem worse. (See http://www.d-a-p.com/Ads/dap-email9.htm )
Put the silicone paste it in the channel where the window slides. It really helps.

Yes, the vertical grooves of the window frame that are exposed when you roll down the glass.

I have a '92 Accord LX with a electric window that made a lot of noise as it went up and down, it then would not move at all. I fixed it by removing the interior paneling and greasing all the gears.That was a few years ago and it is still working properly. The '92 has gears, cranks and a horizontal track at the bottom of the glass like the old manual windows. That is where I put the grease.
My '95 Passport has a cable drive like all the newer power windows. There is no gears to grease on the cable drives. Someone talked about a problem with a '97 window, I would expect that to be a different problem to fix.
Try this, put some duct tape on the window and pull down on the tape as you push the down button. If the window moves, it's not an electrical wiring problem. Same in the up direction. Be carefully not to crush your fingers.
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:18:11 -0500, "Grahame"

My old '89 Legend coupe used to have a similar problem on the passenger side windows. The glass is too heavy and thus it became mis-aligned at some age. I opened the door panel to correct the alignment and the window worked properly until I got rid of the car.
Hope this helps.