Accord rear license plate bulb holder?

Walked out to the car today and the light bulb bracket for the rear plate is hanging down over the plate. The rear area is all plastic but the bracket
is metal and seems to have rusted through. 1998 Accord Coupe. I checked the state DOT site and see the light is mandatory. I've Goggled but can't seem to find the bracket. Does anyone sell it, or could I just rig something to fit into that space to hold the bulb assembly?
On 8/11/2010 11:06 AM, Joe J wrote:

    Have you tried your local dealership?

Normally, laws only say that the rear plate must be illuminated and unobscured at night. Laws usually do not specify how that light ought to be supplied, or where the source needs to be located.

Dealer-only for the proper part.
Not sure how yours is constructed, but you may have a bit of a less-than-fun time drilling-out rusted screws, etc.
If cheap-and-easy is your goal, you may be better-off rigging something with nylon ties and a generic socket from AutoZone.
--
Tegger

Tegger ( snipped-for-privacy@example.com) writes:

<off topic... sort of>
Back in the '90's I fabricated and installed a "Rear Plate Light Enhancement Accoutrement" on a 3Gee Accord 5 Door. It almost looked factory. It was fabricated from galvanized sheet metal carefully measured and bent. Inside it had high quality chrome tape (to reflect the the stray light). On the outside it had high quality vinyl tape (used by pro sign makers), which I worked and burnished to look like the factory satin-black plastic panel. Upside was it reflected the stray plate light back onto the plate. Downside was that it just cut off the last and first plate number for the 'Photo Speed Radar' (Prov. of Ont.) camera (the camera took photos at a 35 degree angle or something, and at a distance of 50 ft. or something). Such a shame. Maybe I could have spent more time and worked on the angles better!
Many flashbulbs went off in the rear view mirrors... but no tickets came in the mail!
Tegger ( snipped-for-privacy@example.com) writes:

<off topic... sort of>
Back in the '90's I fabricated and installed a "Rear Plate Light Enhancement Accoutrement" on a 3Gee Accord 3 Door. It almost looked factory. It was fabricated from galvanized sheet metal carefully measured and bent. Inside it had high quality chrome tape (to reflect the the stray light). On the outside it had high quality vinyl tape (used by pro sign makers), which I worked and burnished to look like the factory satin-black plastic panel. Upside was it reflected the stray plate light back onto the plate. Downside was that it just cut off the last and first plate number for the 'Photo Speed Radar' (Prov. of Ont.) camera (the camera took photos at a 35 degree angle or something, and at a distance of 50 ft. or something). Such a shame. Maybe I could have spent more time and worked on the angles better!
Many flashbulbs went off in the rear view mirrors... but no tickets came in the mail!