Accord seat heater removal

I need to replace the seat heaters on a 98 Accord V6. The drivers seat heater pad has failed and I want to replace them. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it to take these out and what is the
procedure? Any help would be appreciated.
Tony
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

    I'm just guessin, but I think you need a good trim shop. bob
On 4/14/07 9:45 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

I recommend you price the job at a couple of local trim shops before you try to do it yourself. You may find that the labor is not particularly expensive after you factor out the cost of the heaters themselves.
Being really cheap I replaced them myself on the '00 TL. Disassembly is not difficult if you have an FSM (the Helm book) with the procedures. It is non-obvious what has to come off & in what order without the book. Since the TL has side airbags in the seat backs, I would not have tried it without the FSM.
The one specialized piece of equipment you need to reinstall the upholstery is a hog ring pliers. I could not find a local source to buy or rent one. About the time I was ready to give up and pay somebody to put it back together, I found an accommodating trim shop who lent me the pliers and gave me a hand full of the rings.

Thanks for the info. I wanted to find out if I was over my head without a manual or special tools. Nothing worse than getting something 1/2 apart and realizing you are screwed.
Tony
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Ah, but there is something worse... MUCH worse and that's getting it totally apart and inoperable before realizing you're screwed!<g>
Wise move to check before you start tugging.