Accord shift console light??

Hi all.
I have a 2000 accord SE which is under a Honda ex tended warranty through March.
The light on the console where the gear shift is located seems to have gone
out. It was intermittent for a short period of time and now it is not lit at all.
if the problem is just a bulb, I don't think Honda will honor that under a warranty and will charge me $$$$ just to change a bulb. How do I access the bulb? Where are the screws and what do I have to remove? I was reluctant to pry anything off without knowing what to remove. Once I do access it, is it a user changeable bulb?
Thanks in advance.
John
John wrote:

yes, it's user changeable. yes, it's a standard bulb. yes, it's just a set of console screws. but do you really need it? isn't there a drive indicator on the instrument panel?

Correct. There is an indicator on the panel. I figured if it was something simple I would do it.