Accord thefts in Austin

We've had a recent upsurge (again) of Accord thefts in the Austin, TX area. Seems that the "tuner boys" are putting the Accord engines, particularly the V6, in their Civics. Some of these guys are having "problems" because they haven't looked at the rest of the drive train. Even if they drop the whole engine/transmission in, the CV joints have problems, or they throw the alignment off or the balance.

Oh, if they get pulled over the cops are now popping the hood and calling in the engine VIN. They have a choice. Roll on the guy they got the engine from (these guys typically dont' have the smarts to do the work) or take a GTA charge.

Anybody else seeing this? I heard that LA has had it for several years.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus the idea of driving an old beater Civic pays off...

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne