Accord Vibrations

I just bought a 93 Accord EX with 105K on it and didnt notice till I was driving it home that when I eased on the power at speed(re 2500 rpm) the motor started vibrating until I leveled off. I can make it do
this at any speed at this rpm, the whole car shudders sometimes. Also when I start the engine it jumps pretty bad, not awful but more than it should.
I took it to a Honda shop and the mechanic said to begin by replacing the torque strut first. We did, no difference. Then I replaced the mount on the timing belt side, no difference. Two down two to go. Most people say on 5 spds the rear mount never goes out, no one talks much re the tranny mount. It seems to me that if the motor jumps on starting it would likely be the rear mount. If so do I need to remove the injection system to get to it? This one looks like a major pain! The local parts guy says he replaced the tranny mount and it fixed a similar problem.
Any other thought?
Is the engine missing? If it is missing, it will make the car shutter.
This sounds a lot like the EGR valve needing cleaning if it does this at a specific RPM.
If the engine is smooth, then you are on the right track with the mounts.
G-Man

"G-Man" wrote: > Is the engine missing? If it is missing, it will make the car > shutter. > > This sounds a lot like the EGR valve needing cleaning if it > does this at a > specific RPM. > > If the engine is smooth, then you are on the right track with > the mounts. > > G-Man > >
> > >I just bought a 93 Accord EX with 105K on it and didn't > notice till I > > was driving it home that when I eased on the power at > speed(re 2500 > > rpm) the motor started vibrating until I leveled off. I can > make it do > > this at any speed at this rpm, the whole car shudders > sometimes. > > Also when I start the engine it jumps pretty bad, not awful > but more > > than it should. > > > > I took it to a Honda shop and the mechanic said to begin > by > > replacing the torque strut first. We did, no difference. > Then I > > replaced the mount on the timing belt side, no difference. > Two down > > two to go. Most people say on 5 spds the rear mount never > goes out, > > no one talks much re the tranny mount. It seems to me that > if the > > motor jumps on starting it would likely be the rear mount. > If so do I > > need to remove the injection system to get to it? This one > looks like > > a major pain! The local parts guy says he replaced the > tranny mount > > and it fixed a similar problem. > > > > Any other thought? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-Accord-Vibrations-ftopict109580.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pQ2986
thanks, the engine runs smooth all the time even at idle. When the idle drops to 800 rpm the vibration starts also.
Anyone have any tips for replacing the rear mount?

I advise you to have your mechanic check the valves and also set the timing. This should eliminate excessive vibration. Even if this does NOT solve the problem--you will have made a good investment since these things should be done after buying a used car--esp. if the car is over 10 years old. Also consider having the mechanic hook up your car to his Diagnostic computerized engine tester.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO