Accord Vs Civic

Page 2 of 2
tomb wrote:

impossible to beat imo! i'm 6'5 and have an 89 hatch for exactly the same reasons as you, bikes & all! plus, if you live/work in a big city, having something old & ugly is a huge positive against theft & vandalism. it's also interesting in the dating dept. if a potential date looks at my car & starts getting an attitude, i already know she's not my type.
jim beam wrote: | tomb wrote: || For pure economical reasons, an older (but well-maintained) Civic || would be really hard to beat. || || | impossible to beat imo! i'm 6'5 and have an 89 hatch for exactly the | same reasons as you, bikes & all! plus, if you live/work in a big | city, having something old & ugly is a huge positive against theft & | vandalism.
Good point, too. Even thought I don't necessarily think it's ugly - but that might be an acquired taste ;)
| it's also interesting in the dating dept. if a potential | date looks at my car & starts getting an attitude, i already know | she's not my type.
Excellent point, too! :)
tomb wrote:

/mine/ is ugly. peeling paint, scratches, dents. doesn't look much, but she's like new under the hood - just the way i like it! nice & stealthy...

yeah gold diggers arent cool

that

Hello, It appears that lots and lots of people must agree with you. I see lots more Civics than Accords in the town where I live. It's my guess that if gas prices remain high--that small cars (including Civics) will be more common that SUVs in the coming years. I have several friends that live over 40 miles from where they work--it's easy to understand why my friends and other people that have to drive over 40 miles per day would be more likely to buy a Civic than an Accord. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
I drive 29 miles daily each way to and from work, plus a 300-mile trek to the home office 2-4 times monthly, and my 2003 Civic EX is a dream for this duty. Depending on a/c usage (I live in Central FL), I get 35-38 mpg in mixed driving, and at 36,000 miles have had no unscheduled maintenance after the first month (faulty seat rail on the dirvers' side). Despite the extra luxury, I can't believe an Accord would be better. Of course, I still pine away for the 1990 Civic LX I traded in for the new one -- bought it new and drove it 13 years and 185,000 miles with the original clutch still working beautifully.

good point ill probably do like 20-30 miles a day
wrote:

provides
much
Area")
drives,
fits
into
friends
Barry Adams wrote:

Depending on need, the Accords can fit 4-5 adults comfortably, which is what I needed.....

Jason wrote:

I have the Accord, my daughter has a Civic. Both are good cars and you can't go wrong either way. Go with what you budget will allow. There is no sense spending more then one can afford, as it won't do you any good if you can't afford to go anywhere with it.
Jarrett Hurd wrote:

The Civic will be no cheaper to "maintain" but will do a little better on F.E. than the Accord. At the sacrifice of ride quality, noise and features. The Civic LX trim level suits my family drivers just fine. Currently enjoying 25 MPG (all in town, LA traffic) with a 2005 Civic Coupe LX.
-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
The Accords just don't get the MPG of the Civic's and the 2001 and above Civic's are pretty roomy. I just got 41.6 mpg out of my 2002 Civic lx 5sp and that was 70 % Highway -30% city driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so a civic 2001 is has more room? wut year and up is better for a accord or civic, atleast

which
on
enjoying