Accords and plussing: Where's the rub?

For '05 Accords with stock suspension (no lowering), where do rubbing problems usually occur first?

More specifics: An experienced salesrep with the Tire Rack (TR) recommended and I (gleefully!) ordered a set of Pirelli P Zero / Nero tires for my LX in a "custom" 225/55-WR16 93W spec.

The TR web page is conservate and doesn't show this as a standard selection, as they want their web site to show recommendations that are NEVER a problem, and I appreciate that. The TR rep said he'd be very surprised if there were any rubbing with my wheels / tires, but did recommend that I load up to back end with weight and see "just to make sure".

Question: For this combo, would anyone anticipate rubbing on the front? I'm considering having the fenders rolled just to be on the safe side, but don't know if the front would be an unwarranted expenditure of not.

Or perhaps I should also be considering replacement shocks?? Or just wait and see on everything?

Recommendations appreciated.

-- CL.

+-----------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Mailing / Shipping | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Pawtucket RI 02860 | +-----------------------------------------+
Reply to
Charles Lasitter

wider lower tires are fine, but you'll also get excellent effects with different shocks. european cars [in europe] handle great & tend to be more conservative on tires - they concentrate more on shocks & sway bars. this side of the pond, we seem to think tires are the only game in town. maybe that's because we don't have as many bendy roads as they do? ;)

bilstein hd's make a car corner like it's absolutely on rails but can be harsh. kyb-agx's are adjustable and offer choice. but we've had this conversation before.

Reply to
jim beam