Accords And Synthetic Oil ?

Hello,
Do the 2014 (and 2015 ?) Accords require Synthetic Oil ?
Why ?
Thanks, B.

I think you'll find that API SN 0W-20 is specified. All of that is synthetic, or at least part-synthetic.

Because 0W-20 isn't really very good oil, and the only way to make it work properly is to synthesize it.
--
Tegger

Or, perhaps, to get more of your money, like 'premium' gas? I was told that synthetic oil 'lasts longer' -- alas, the frequency for changing oil is the same as the good old, less expensive one. Yes, I am sure 'performance' will be touted .... I read about the ablity of synthetic oil to survive 'extremes heat', etc.
As global warming is not that severe and I do not intend to take that Accord to Mercury, I am a bit unconvinced ...
mt
mt