Accords And Synthetic Oil ?

Hello,

Do the 2014 (and 2015 ?) Accords require Synthetic Oil ?

Why ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Bob

Bob wrote in news:lenfdc$940$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I think you'll find that API SN 0W-20 is specified. All of that is synthetic, or at least part-synthetic.

Because 0W-20 isn't really very good oil, and the only way to make it work properly is to synthesize it.

Reply to
Tegger

Or, perhaps, to get more of your money, like 'premium' gas? I was told that synthetic oil 'lasts longer' -- alas, the frequency for changing oil is the same as the good old, less expensive one. Yes, I am sure 'performance' will be touted .... I read about the ablity of synthetic oil to survive 'extremes heat', etc.

As global warming is not that severe and I do not intend to take that Accord to Mercury, I am a bit unconvinced ...

mt

mt

Reply to
Mike Trainor