Acetone Added To Fuel?

Hi, I've been hearing alot about increased mileage and other benefits of adding acetone to fuel (about 2.5 ounces per 10 gallons). I havent heard of any bad incidents happening. a few people claim to have done
tests and everthing I could find online seems to be good. Has anyone here tried it before...good?...bad? I'm considering trying it out...2.5 Oz/10 gals seems to be diluted enough not to cause harm. Pete
_______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone /
I have heard the same thing. There are a few threads on this subject at the oil geeks forum, bobistheoilguy.com. I think these discussions can be found in the "additives" forum.
From what I've read, acetone works but I'll stick to a time tested auto product such as FP60 (Fuel Power) which has provided me with an increase in fuel mileage but also includes many lubricating and engine cleaning qualities.
MARTY

Some fuel system parts may be susceptible to damage from acetone.
The most ominous indication I see is that there aren't a lot of companies marketing gas additives that are primarily acetone but at a large markup. 99 cents would be an attractive price for an additive that claimed to improve fuel economy and companies could make a hefty profit at that rate... if they weren't clobbered by suits claiming damage to cars or false advertising claims. In a market where people buy magnets to attach to their fuel lines that hesitance is remarkable.
When you put a product that isn't advertised as a gasoline additive in the tank of a car that doesn't have approval for the product in the owner's manual, you assume all the risks. Knowing that entrepreneurs don't want to assume those risks in return for easy money is a huge red flag for me.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

What Mike said - as always well stated.
Here's a preemptive response for next time you visit this forum asking why your Honda is misbehaving: "Stop using acetone!!"
Glad I could help :) Remco

Also, what purity of acetone is being used? Even if it caused no damage itself, which I would not assume, much commercially available acetone is likely going to have other components that might. Sounds like a dumb idea to me.
Leonard

But it's good for getting the finger nail polish off your valves!
J.
I just posted another topic about Acetone. Sorry for the repeat. Didn't see this thread.
Mike, You offer a good point about it not being marketed as an additive to improve fuel economy. But, if you read enough of what people have tried (doesn't work for everyone), you start to realize that it could be true.
I decided to try it myself. I added 1oz per 10 gallons to start. They say acetone is a cleaner, so when it is first added it may clean out the junk in the fuel system and clog up the fuel filter. So I started with only a little bit to loosen the gunk. I am heading to Nashville this weekend and plan to added the 1oz per 5 gallons and see how it goes.
-Ben Here are a few links:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_as_a_Fuel_Additive
http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm
Acetone discussion: http://www.peakoil.com/fortopic6172-0-asc-0.html
Acetone is used in carburetor cleaner: http://tinyurl.com/7axuz
Michael Pardee wrote:

Ben B wrote:

economy out of my 6 cylinder ford. But it is a little expensive. It appears to have sealed the rings better allowing extra power and less blowby