Adding External Temperature Gauge to 2006 CR-V (Canadian SE trim)

I bought a 2006 CR-V in the SE trim level. In Canada, that's the basic model, and doesn't include the external temperature gauge. I miss having one, and see a couple options -- a simple add-on gauge, or adding the integrated Honda version.

Does anyone know off-hand whether it is possible, and easy/cheap to add the integrated sensor? I'm hoping that the sensor can be added to the bumper area and that the rest is a matter of getting the wire to the proper terminals. If the dash display would suddenly know what to do with the new temperature information, it would be very cool. If it requires a change in the electronics as well, not so cool. :)

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Mirabilis