Advice for crv purchase please?

Can anyone direct me to a source of info to compare the CRV model changes thru recent years. I'm trying to compare used CRV's with Subaru Outbacks for gas mileage, storage capacities, hp, etc. I can find info on 06 models but not on say the last 5 years' models and it seems like there were some significant changes, yes?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John/Charleston

I would suggest you purchase a subscription to the online version of Consumer Reports magazine.

(approx $29.95 /yr). You will be able to look up the reliability history of most vehicles by year from 1998 - 2005. It will also give you deminsions and specs and road test results. You are able to make comparisons of up to 4 vehicles at a time. It will also specify whether or not it recommends a vehicle.

The 2nd suggestion for more general stats (and you can compare model years and different vehicles as well) is on the J.D. Powers & Associates website.--- it's

When it comes to storage capacity, at least for the CRV, I've been able to get 15 3cubic foot bags of mulch in the back of mine with the rear seats folded down. And as for mileage, I've maintained a consistent 25mpg or better in the year and a half I've had mine.

Reply to
catchafly

I have had reasonable success researching the specs of various model years of cars on edmunds.com.

Its buried pretty deep. Click on the "used cars" tab; on the page that comes up; ignore the zip code request and click on "research prices and specs"; on that page, work your way down to the model and year you want and click on the vehicle model itself (not the research link). When you finally get to the page for a specific year/model, "specifications" is in the "car features" box on the left side of the page.

Reply to
E Meyer