Advise for 2003 Civic Slow start

I've got a 2003 civic and when the ignition key is turned to the start position all the instrument lights come on but the car does not start for about 25 to 30 seconds after holding the key in the start position. This seems to happen when the car has been sitting for awhile. This is the only abnormality I've noticed. Fuel level doesn't have any effect, and heat doesn't have any effect i.e. it's done this on cold days also. Doe's anyone have any sugestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Donny

I was reading in my owners manual for my 05 Accord LX-G that sometimes the engine may take extra time to start but it is because the computer is making some ajustments to the emission system.

Skipper

Reply to
skipper

You mean it doesn't start making noise (running the starter) for 25 seconds? I'd check the starter or the ignition switch.

Reply to
remco

You've got one dripping injector. When you leave it for several hours, all the pressure bleeds into the engine. Your engine is then flooded. The fix for flooding, according to your manual is to hold the pedal to the floor for up to 15 seconds while cranking it. It will blow a bit of black smoke when it starts. Injector cleaner, or maybe a couple tanks of Gasohol will often fix it. Our Odyssey did it. We used Gasohol and it never happened again.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _