After speed bumper, it sounds like it has a flat-tire

Tonight, I went to the gas station, and when I left gas station, I need to speed up little bit to get to the lane which I need to make a left turn. But, when I jumped into the road, there was something like speed bumper, my car didn't hit any of that bumper -I didn't hear any sounds.

But just after I jumped in to road, I hear the flat-tire sound from my car. If I drive it fast, the interval of the sounds is getting faster, same way when I drive it slow, its interval is getting slow.

First time, I thought that was a tire problem. I stopped my car and checked it but there was NO flat tire. All the tire was okay. But, again, after I inspect my tire, I still heard same sounds.

I speed up little bit ( 30 mph), and suddenly, the flat-tire-like sound were gone. So, it is okay so far till now. But, I'm worrying about it if something critical happened to my car.

Anyone have same experience? Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Reply to
The Yi

"The Yi" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q16g2000cwq.googlegroups.com:

Can you narrow it to one particular wheel? Does it sound or feel like its coming from front or back,left or right?

Maybe you flat-spotted a tire? (from hard braking) Or lost a wheelweight? They do come off occasionally. I often find lost wheelweights when I'm out walking;I pick them up and melt them down,cast into a big lump.Gets lead out of the environment!

OR,a tire could have a defect internally;tread separation,stuff like that. That COSTS $$. For that,you need to see a tire professional.

"tires ain't pretty".

Or it could perhaps be a wheel bearing problem.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I think this is potentially serious. It sounds like a broken belt (in a tire) or at least a significant tread separation. Or a "bubble" popped out on the inside of the tire. All of these would make the sound you describe. When you speed up, the sound just gets masked and the vibration absorbed. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR UNTIL YOU FIND THE PROBLEM. Or at least do not drive it at speed. Creep down to the nearest service center.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

If I understand you correctly, the sound has not returned. If so, you probably picked up something sticky on your tire when you left the gas station. When you sped up, it come off, and the sound went away.

Have a good day!

Reply to
John D Newport

Sounds like a broken steel belt in a tire.

Reply to
DAB

whoops should have read all replies

Reply to