AIr Cabin Filter Change (2005 Accord DX)

How do you change? I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself. I see that they cost a decent penny too.

How do you change? I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself. I see that they cost a decent penny too.
I don't know about the pricing, but I've heard the procedure for changing these filters is much easier than with the previous generation. If that's true, count your blessings. You should get a year or two out of them, at least.
When I bought filters for my '00 Accord, I found instruction sheets included in the box. You might also check the Web sites of some manufacturers (Fram, Purolator, etc.).
Paul
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How do you change?&nbsp; I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself.&nbsp; I see that they cost a decent penny too.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>If it is anything like the 01 Prelude I had, you have to remove the glove box and cut the bracket behind it. </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

--B_3268324913_115905 Content-type: text/plain;     charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
On 7/26/07 5:28 PM, in article Yc9qi.22904$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.lga, "tww1491"

&nbsp;<BR> </SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE='font-size:14.0px'><FONT FACE="Arial">How do you change? &nbsp;I finally saw some &nbsp;filters in a store and wanted to do it myself. &nbsp;I see that they cost a &nbsp;decent penny too.<BR> </FONT><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"> <BR> &nbsp;<BR> &nbsp;<BR> </FONT><FONT FACE="Arial">If it is anything like the 01 Prelude I had, you &nbsp;have to remove the glove box and cut the bracket behind it. <BR> </FONT></SPAN></BLOCKQUOTE><SPAN STYLE='font-size:14.0px'><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><BR> </FONT></SPAN></BLOCKQUOTE><SPAN STYLE='font-size:14.0px'><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><BR> Not sure what they do on the &#8216;05 Accord. &nbsp;On the &#8216;06 CRV all you do is pop out the plastic stoppers on each side of the glove box &amp; let the door swing down and out of the way. &nbsp;They&#8217;re right there. &nbsp;Requires no tools at all.</FONT></SPAN> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3268324913_115905--
03 is probably about the same. On an 03, first empty the glove box completely; with it open remove the holding plastic strut (pushes to the back with a snap). Then squeeze the sides of the glove box in so it swings all the way down. If you did not empty it before, it is empty now. The filter is in a rectangular holder behind the glove box. Squeeze the side tabs in and the holder should pull straight to you. Make sure you get the air direction arrow in the right direction when you put it back.
Dave
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How do you change?&nbsp; I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself.&nbsp; I see that they cost a decent penny too.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How do you change?&nbsp; I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself.&nbsp; I see that they cost a decent penny too.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks.&nbsp; I'll give it a try.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How do you change?&nbsp; I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself.&nbsp; I see that they cost a decent penny too.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I just did it.&nbsp; I was a lot easier than the engine air filter and a lot more expensive.&nbsp; The instructions were also in the box!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Instructions for changing those in my 2001 Civic are in the Owners Manual. Easy, once you grasp the instructions on how to 'drop' the glove compartment door. Interesting that it takes TWO filters..about $20/pair from I'net sources.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How do you change?&nbsp; I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself.&nbsp; I see that they cost a decent penny too.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

I just checked, and instructions for changing the cabin air filter are not in my owner's manual. Curious. Still, the filter is there, right behind the glove box. The instructions that have been passed around on this usenet group are spot on. Open the glove box door, push back on the bottom of the little strut until it snaps out, pull in the sides of the glove box until it swings down, and finally pick up the stuff off of the floor that fell out of the glove box.
Next, I had to sorta lay on the floor and look up under the dash. The air filter tray was right above the fan motor and clearly labeled. Pushing a tab on each side released it. It slid right out. My filter was clean except for a bit of dust and a few dead bugs, I shook it out and put it back.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer
Bosch has a huge PDF file online with instructions on changing cabin filter for many makes and models. Your instructions are on page 35 or so.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdonlyres/425B1A4D-5155-4064-A5E7-E07F8DB720C7/0/CabinAirFilterInstallation.pdf

http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdonlyres/425B1A4D-5155-4064-A5E7-E07F8DB720C7/0/CabinAirFilterInstallation.pdf
Great link-- thanks!!