air mix control cable

Hello All,

I own a 95 accord and the air mix control cable is either very loose or broken - it was very hard to turn and would not stay set at the max heat setting - now the cable is very loose allowing the knob to turn nearly 360 degrees... it still seems to partially work ,but get very little heat .

Does anyone know what is involved in reparing this? Is it something a weekend mechanic can handle?

Any assistance woould be appreciated.

P Ligi

Reply to
Paris Ligi

Assuming it is the same setup as the '93 I worked on, it's easy enough. The air mix controls are accessed by removing the trim panel on the passenger side of the bottom of the center console. The cables are clearly visible and reasonably accessible, and when you try to turn the knob the workings are clear. IIRC the cables are adjusted by the clamps on the sheaths.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee