Air Vents in a Honda Civic

We recently purchased a Civic and the air vents seem to be broken. They don't stay in one position, its either up or down and never in the middle. Is there a easy fix for this, or do I need to pop them out and replace them
with new ones? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Shane
Shane wrote:

What year Civic is this?
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
Its a 2003 Honda Civic.