All the oil ran out of my new 2007 CR-V !!

Page 3 of 3

The overriding reason is that you really don't have much choice.
100k isn't long for a Honda. What if this defect caused the life of the engine to drop from 320k to 200k? That's well beyond your warranty, but it's a loss to you.
On the other hand, was there any damage done? Probably not. Was that a low oil level light, or a low oil pressure light? A low level light is an early warning. Reacting to a low level light as you did should result in no harm to the engine. A low pressure condition could cause some amount of damage to the motor, perhaps damage you will never see.

"Reasonable" doesn't include throwing away a new car at his expense, nor does it include casual return of phone calls if it has been indicated that the customer is after a resolution that isn't likely to occur. As others noted, the dealer is not in charge here, AMC is in control. You had "substantial" conversations with the people with the financial involvement.
--
---

I can't imagine what that damage would be. Oil starvation isn't exactly rare and the effects are well known.
Mike
Chuck Connell wrote:

Not a bad thing, really, but I would go for the 8 year 120,000 HondaCare warranty. It's retail value is only a couple of hundred more & Honda left you this negotiation room, so ask for it. (Eight years is new for 2007 models. Most people don't know it exists.)
HondaCare does not cover "wear". It technically covers parts that "break", so I would ask for special terms that "wear" of internal engine parts is in fact covered. That's the whole point of this exercise: concern over unusual wear caused by insufficient lubrication.
HondaCare warranties are transferrable, so it would be worth something to you later on.
On 15 Dec 2006 16:18:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net wrote:

Which is a good thing, if you want to sell the car, with a history like this.
J.
Chuck, wanted to throw in my .02 worth. I don't feel like you did any serious damage to your vehicle,(only time will tell) but there is one thing that might hurt you. If you ever sale the car, the the buyer does like I do, have the vin pulled up at the dealer the check for all repairs, and the potential buyer sees this, it could hurt your resale value. I had a truck few years back that had major engine work done under warranty, and when I decided the sale the truck 3 years later, the buyer checked the vin like I do and saw that, then backed out on the sale because of it.Good luck in your outcome.