Anit Theft Alarm

I have a 2003 Civic EX. I know it has an immobilizing anti-theft device, but thought it was quiet. Yesterday, I had parked, and while I was removing the key and getting out, the horn began sounding, in a pulsating
manner and the lights began flashing on and off.
I put the key back in and the alarms stopped. The car acted completely normally.
Has this happened to anyone? Bob
Yes, as far as I know putting the key into the ignition resets the alarm.
-RA