Another Honda Coolant Question - Thanks

I previously posted regarding using genuine Honda coolant on a 98 Civic LX. Thanks for the great answers..

I took off the tank cap and noticed GREEN coolant in it.

Is genuine Honda coolant green or is it the wrong kind in there..

Thanks,

Rich

Reply to
big brother

big brother wrote in news:xhZXf.63683$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

Genuine Honda antifreeze was a clear dark green for the longest time. They recently switched to a clear dark blue as of last year. I don't know if that's US and Canada, or just Canada.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

must be canada. it's been blue here in california since at least 2000.

Reply to
jim beam

It was green in the US also. The factory coolant in my '95 Integra, '96 Odyssey and 2000 TL was all green.

Reply to
E Meyer

well, my 2000 california civic coolant was blue, and the bottle of honda coolant i bought at the dealer that same year was blue....

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

California (often the leader in such things) may have legislated or prohibited the use of certain chemicals, and the substituted formulation may have been colored differently to distinguish it from the old.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Must be a California thing...

Reply to