Anti Freeze

I have some Honda anti freeze that's 2 different colors one is green and the other is a bluish, there both pre-mix 50/50 the ingredient's look the same is it OK to mix the two.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Jeff

"twfsa" wrote in news:EWq_g.36258$iA5.21590@dukeread11:

NO. If you have some green Honda stuff, it's too old by now to use.

Use the new blue stuff only.

Antifreeze ages even when it's not in use, just like brake fluid.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Even if the seal on the container hasn't been broken?

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

"twfsa" wrote in news:q5M_g.36297$iA5.32459 @dukeread11:

Correct. It oxidates, which destroys the extended corrosion protection and eventually makes the antifreeze itself corrosive. The limit is five years whether it gets used or remains in the bottle.

If you bought the stuff four years ago and want to install it now, it's only good for one year. (4+1=5)

Use only antifreeze bought in the year you install it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Brake fluid kept in sealed can ages? Seamus J.

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in news:Aop0h.53891$VK1.52185 @newsfe07.phx:

Yes. If it's actually a metal can, unopened and full, it will last a bit longer. These days the stuff's all in plastic bottles, which are unbelievably gas-porous. And even a metal can has a plastic lid seal that is not gas-tight.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Gee, I wish I read this post yesterday after I installed 3 or 4 year old (sealed) anti-freeze in an older toyota.

Reply to
RnR