Anti Freeze

I have some Honda anti freeze that's 2 different colors one is green and the other is a bluish, there both pre-mix 50/50 the ingredient's look the same
is it OK to mix the two.
Thanks Tom
it should be. they add coloring to it anyway so the color doesn't matter -jeff

NO. If you have some green Honda stuff, it's too old by now to use.
Use the new blue stuff only.
Antifreeze ages even when it's not in use, just like brake fluid.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Even if the seal on the container hasn't been broken?
Tom

Correct. It oxidates, which destroys the extended corrosion protection and eventually makes the antifreeze itself corrosive. The limit is five years whether it gets used or remains in the bottle.
If you bought the stuff four years ago and want to install it now, it's only good for one year. (4+1=5)
Use only antifreeze bought in the year you install it.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:04:28 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR"

Gee, I wish I read this post yesterday after I installed 3 or 4 year old (sealed) anti-freeze in an older toyota.
Brake fluid kept in sealed can ages? Seamus J.

Yes. If it's actually a metal can, unopened and full, it will last a bit longer. These days the stuff's all in plastic bottles, which are unbelievably gas-porous. And even a metal can has a plastic lid seal that is not gas-tight.