Anti Theft radio 2004 Pilot EX Problem

I left a light on and the battery went dead, thus I have to put the codes in for the Nav & Radio.I have the code number and serial number for both. The Nav worked first try but the radio keeps coming up with
an error message. Any suggestions? Thanks, BobT

What is the error message?

They are consecutive error messages from 1 to 10 ... then I waited with the radio on and tried again .... CODE shows up and I type in the 5 digit code supplied to me by Honda .. Thanks
Bobt wrote:

==================== You may continue to have odd electrical problems if you don't disconnect the battery for 20 seconds and start all over. Hondas get scrambled good when the power goes really low.
'Curly'
Bobt wrote:

Recently, I had a similar problem with the radio in my 92 Accord Ex. I finally had to remove the negative lead to the battery, wait 3 or 4 minutes, re-attach the lead. Then the radio would accept the code numbers.

Thanks .. I now have the battery totally disconnected and in about an hour I'll try it again. I have gone over my dealer paperwork and definitely have the supplied code from when I bought it. Plus they put a sticker in the glovebox with the code on it. I'll try again .. Thanks,

OK ... tried everything but it still rejects the code with err1 and up from there.... I am wondering if Honda supplied the wrong code ??????????
Bobt wrote:

=========================== That may be the radio's SERIAL NUMBER on the sticker. Did you read your owner's manual?
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/misc/x98-026e.pdf
'Curly'

the serial number is about 9 digits long .. the code is 5 ... Plus the serial number has numbers over 6 in it .. Yes I've read the manual and everything online ... I've pulled the battery cables off numerous times. I was able to enter the code for the GPS which worked fine .. but not the radio .. Very frustrating !!
Bobt wrote:

======================= I thought the PDI sheets for your PILOT explained how you can determine the serial number / theft code for your stereo:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/pilot/index.html
Maybe the dealer swapped out the stereo for some reason and didn't follow procedures for your model . . .
motsco_ wrote:

============================ For sure it's in the 2002 CR-V PDI sheets:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x01-094e.pdf
You should be able to figure out the CORRECT serial number (on your Pilot) if you follow the CR-V instructions...
'Curly'

I wonder if the radio has been replaced for some reason? That would explain the code not working;it doesn't match the unit you have. I guess then you would have to remove the radio,read it's serial number,and obtain the correct code from a Honda dealer.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Hi .. I'm the original owner and the dealer noted the radio code on my delivery paperwork along with the anti theft stickers in the car ... Its a mystery. Thanks,
Jim Yanik wrote: > I wonder if the radio has been replaced for some reason?

============= That's what this PDF document is about . Since about '00, the stereos will all tell you their serial number if you apply the trick described in the PDI Sheets:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x01-094e.pdf

Thanks Jim ... you were correct, its a different radio .. the dealer before delivery must have found a problem and switched in a new radio. I'll call them tomorrow ..

it might have been some optional "better" radio,and the car's paperwork and sticker change got forgotten.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik