Any grease fittings on a 2006 CR-V?

I do not own one so I can't "go look". A web search has not turned up anything so far. Anyone know? TIA.

Reply to
Dmarino217

-----------------------------------

Pretty doubtful . . . . everything's probably sealed.

What kind were you hoping for? I've got grease nipples in my ('00) propeller shaft, but that's only because I had it rebuilt by a driveline shop and that's the only kind of U-joint we could locate in North America.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

In another forum someone advised a poster not to purchase a Chevy Tracker because they didn't have grease fittings. The same person later posted they had a 2006 CR-V. I thought it was a little ironic to say not to purchase a vehicle w/o grease fittings when they did just that. Of course the Tracker is no Honda...

Thanks for the information.

Reply to
Dmarino217

What exactly are you expecting to be greasable in the 21st century?

Up to the latee 1950's or early 1960's, many car suspension joints were greased, as were the prop shaft U-joints. Rolls-Royces (in the 20's AFAIK) had a grease pump pedal so the chauffeur could, when the suspension started squeaking, add some grease while driving, so as to not disturb milord's calm ...

All cars now have synthetic rubber suspension joints and sealed ball joints. Some replacement ball joints have a grease nipple. Most U-joints rely in the contained grease.

SJD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Read what else I had posted, I wasn't expecting much, but I wanted to make sure before I pointed out the irony to the other poster I mentioned. I felt it best to do a little reasearch and reading before making a comment to him lest some model still had any.

And yet some GM products that I know of still have grease fittings, hence my reason for asking about a Honda that I do not own.

Reply to
Dmarino217