ANY RIDGELINE OWNER'S OUT HERE?

Trading in the 03 Element (love it), and REALLY like the Ridge, The wife kinda wants the Toyota FJ....but admits the Honda was more spacious and comfortable. I got the rest of the month to finish shopping for it. So any
opinions are welcomed!
Jimmy

There was a time when I actually needed a pickup truck. When the time came I actually didn't have to have one, I still bought and drove pickups. I sold my F150 and bought a Ridgeline, and for my limited truck use, it's the best pickup truck I ever owned. I have used it for a few tough towing and hauling trips, and it has performed perfectly. Actually I believe it's a lot tougher than it looks.

The ridgeline is the best truck I have owned. I bought one for my worktruck EXL to serve survey crew. I haul my atv in the back sometimes with my equipment in the trunk. I have it off-road about 50% of the time in cornfields and wet grassland. This truck rides better than any car I have owned.
I drag steel loading ramps across the bed almost weekly. I have also hauled #1800 of ceramic tile in it and the brakes were flawless. It also did not feel bogged down either. Just a slight wobble from the compressed tires on the highway at 75. Still I was amazed considering I have owned a Chevy 2500, 1500 and Suburban.
I have also pulled a trailer with a jackhammer and compressor which did not make it brake a sweat.
35,000 miles on it with just a check fuel cap light on once. You can't beat it for the versatility. It replaced a Chevy 2500 which was in the shop monthly and it only had 50,000 miles when I lost patience with it and sold it. The Ridgeline is lighter and is a better off road vehicle. The Chevy used to sink in a damp cornfield. I also have a Honda Pilot which I also use as a worktruck, mega room for equipment. I love it too.
Ridgeline high points, great stereo w/sub, off road ability with an excellent ride across those bumpy fields, rear seats fold up for more equipment space, good acceleration!
-David

I found that out at the dealer too.
This is a great truck. We have sold people on these many times when we are out working. One of our clients liked ours so much I let him test drive it. Later on he bought one and took it on a hunting trip in Maine. His wife bought the CR-V later on.
I went from buying Chevy's to Honda's. (I did own an '84 Celica which I put 180K miles on it in the 80's.) How many people does one know that drives Honda's and switches to Chevy's! LOL!
-David

I looked at the CR-V initially but went with the Element, I'll be hauling larger items. So the Ridgeline is a must have. I was also a Chevy owner the last new Chevy I bought was 1990, From then I was toyota and honda's and never go back I don't do off road atleast on 4 wheels so I wasn't looking for any real mud monster, the Toy FJ though would be in that lineup. Thanks for your input. Jimmy

Wow, someone who owns a pickup truck because they actually need one.
I love the Toyota FJ Owners out here friving around Manhattan, They'll never see dirt!

I never needed a pickup before but I need one now, simply to haul wood. but I also need to haul people too. The Element was a fun goofy little whatever. But overall performance is keeping me with Honda. We've looked at it on several occasions this weekend we'll test drive. Thanks for the feedback!
Jimmy

You can't go wrong with a Ridgeline, but it's not the same truck as the Toyota. Ridgeline is more like driving a car or suv, than a body on frame truck.
It's VERY quiet on the highway @ 80mph too.
Tall Oak wrote:

-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
Not sure, the Pilot is car like the Ridgeline is more truck like but not as stiff as the FJ. The Honda felt more road sure, but a much rougher ride then the pilot, and less then the FJ. Which is accurate considering what the vehicles are designed for. The FJ is certianly a different breed and no way did we try to compare them side by side. She like the FJ, but the main flaw to her was the side mirrors way to stubby to see well. The Dealer tried to tell us their just like the Hummers which we knew was BS. The Ridgeline sits a bit higher then the Pilot and she was happier to see much better with the Ridgeline. So we got the Ridge!