Anybody ever have their tach and speedo stop working?

I got into my '05 Civic EX today started it up, got out to load some stuff (let it warm up a little, too), got back in, and drove off to work. About
a mile down the road was the first time I actually glanced down at the instrument cluster. WTF! Tach and Speedo at 0. I was going 30mph (roughly).
Never seen that before. So, I turned the key off and then back on (yes, while I was driving and no I didn't engage the starter). Gauges came back on.
That was real wierd...never seen that in any of my Hondas...any idea why it happened? I don't know if it was that way from the time I started it up since I didn't look at the instruments.
Any idea what would cause this?
Nobody wrote:

bad connection? if it happens again, id definately take it back.
This is off the subject but I was wondering if you have the special edition 6 disk cd player in your car..I am trying to find it for my '01 but I can't find it anywhere on the internet..Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Yes, it's the six disc player with MP3 capability.